There are things that I’m putting off at the moment, for no particular reason, well in some cases there are reasons, but in most cases it’s down simply to a feeling of “yep, will do that another time” (aka i can’t be bothered) and then basically something else always gets in the way. As a result I have a mental “need to do” list that is getting longer by the day and I’m constantly berating myself for “not getting around to it”.
I like to make out that it’s due to a lack of time, particularly time alone, but in truth, some of these “to do’s” (is that how you spell it?!) would probably not take more than half an hour, I just need to get my arse in gear and pick these things off one by one!
So, in the interests of the above, I’m going to list them in the hope that motivates me to get cracking:
1. Get eyebrows threaded – seriously, I am looking like Douglas Hurd more and more with each passing day, not good (but I’ve put it off because it hurts – admittedly only for about 10 minutes – and I’m feeling a bit wimpy)
2. Get pre-holiday waxing booked in and done – more hair related tasks, tedious and painful but necessary
3. Get fringe trimmed (there’s definitely a theme emerging here…) – there is a battle raging on my face between my fringe and my eyebrows, I need to wrestle back control… And don’t even get me started on my upper lip (not painting a good picture here am I?)
4. Sort out cat sitter for when we’re on hols – probably not fair to leave Pigalle to fend and forage for himself for 2 weeks, I must sort that out
5. Print off recent photos of Allegra and send them to Granny in Ireland and also have ready to bring to Italy to give to Nonna – been meaning to do that for aaaages!
6. Buy some new shoes – I used to be such a shoe fiend, but honestly I haven’t bought a new pair of shoes in such a long time and I’m getting sick of wearing ballet pumps on a daily basis – truth be told, they’re probably not really appropriate everyday work attire…
7. Buy/sort out what dress to wear to wedding this weekend – it’s on Saturday, in Wales, I have totally not planned what I’m wearing and between now and then I’m either at work or at BritMums Live… I’ll be going in my dressing gown at this rate (not really VR, don’t panic, I won’t ruin the photos – not on purpose anyway)
8. Sort out the assorted crap on top of the chest of drawers in my bedroom – this vision of crap just disturbs me on a daily basis and yet I don’t make the time to tidy it up, it would probably take 20 minutes tops, 1 minute if I just scooped it all into the bin… the best kind of tidying, no?
9. Get a pedicure – so needed but soooo boring (and ticklish!), who has time to worry about feet when they have a busy job, active toddler, overflowing laundry basket, and the need to sleep once in a while? – still, when all is said and done, if I’m not near any of those viable excuses when someone clocks my tootsies, they will make no allowances, they’ll just see me as a person with uncared for feet (and that combined with the aforementioned eyebrows, need for body waxing, and fringe issues… well, frankly it’s a wonder I have any friends left…)
10. Stop procrastinating and start doing!
Wish me luck!
Do you always put stuff off for no good reason or are you great at getting stuff done? – how do you motivate yourself to just do it?!