Quite unbelievably, it seems that Valentine’s Day is around the corner – a mere 17 days away in fact, how did that happen, we only just packed the Christmas decorations away for another year for goodness sake?! Time flies eh? Must be all that fun we’re having…
Anyway, historically, I have never been one for Valentine’s Day presents especially. Neither the giving of, nor receiving of. I like a card, yes. Maybe even a bunch of flowers, that’s always welcome – but hey, happy to receive those on non-Valentine’s Day related occasions, so feel free to send – but a present, I’m not so fussed.
Re-thinking this though, I believe I am missing a trick. After all, whilst I appreciate that my OH works incredibly hard and does his bit (always room for improvement though, don’t get complacent Richmond Daddy if you’re reading this…), I think us girls and our amazing ability to multi-task something chronic means that we are always deserving of a little token gesture in appreciation for all that we do. Yay, big up the girls!
I’m not talking spending the big bucks or making ridiculously grand gestures, but a little something, just to show you care (are you listening and taking note men at the back?!) is always appreciated.
I think most men though are a bit clueless when it comes to gifts and welcome a bit of steering in the right direction. Am I right, or am I right? – after all, if you’re going to be gifted with a little something, it may as well be a little something that you’ll actually
like love and are genuinely happy to receive, or what’s the point eh? (how many of you had to bring back Christmas gifts to the shops post Boxing Day…?).
Some readers of this blog may know that amongst other things, I am a stylist for super-cool jewellery and accessories company Stella & Dot – this allows me to legitimately own a large amount of sparkly things under the guise of “business”, lucky me eh?! The new Spring 2013 collection has just been launched and there are SO MANY gorgeous gems and jewels in there that I just had to share them with you.
So specifically with Valentine’s Day in mind, here are my top 5 gift picks – I’ve stuck to picking out items £45 or under as, after all, we’re all a bit cash-strapped this time of year right? If you spot anything you like, you might just want to nudge your significant other in the right direction… because after all, you’re SO worth it!
1. The Love Bracelet is one of my favourites in the new Spring collection and is a total bargain at a mere £15.
A delicate beaded bracelet, it features a brass chain, faceted and colourful cord accents and easy adjustable side knot closure, which makes it easily fit most wrists.
The perfect token of love for Valentine’s Day and a great everyday bracelet that looks simple and stylish worn solo or stacked with other arm candy.
2. The Hudson Leather Wrap in Red is a gorgeous double-wrapped leather bracelet in the colour of passion and love that would make for a great Valentine’s Day gift and is fab worn alone or stacked with other bracelets, particularly others in gold tones that would match it’s golden shield studs.
3. Goddess Teardrop Earrings in Rose Gold the name says it all… if your OH wants to show you what a goddess you are in his eyes then he could do worse that present you with these fab earrings, which are bang on trend in stunning rose gold. The warm pink hue in rose gold is universally flattering on any skin tone and can be worn with any colour, but looks particularly gorgeous over soft neutrals or blush palettes.
For a unique look, try layering rose gold pieces with other colored metals. As with all Stella & Dot earrings, the earring wires are lead and nickel safe, and hypoallergenic.
4. The Ever After Necklace in sterling silver makes for a great gift for Valentine’s – a silver heart on a 16″ length chain with 2″ integrated extender (meaning you can wear it longer if you like), designed by celebrity jeweller Maya Brenner whose following includes includes Jessica Biel, Penelope Cruz, Rachel Bilson, Cameron Diaz, Reese Witherspoon, and Demi Moore, just to name a few.
5. Bryant Park Scarf in Poppy Red – I am such a sucker for scarves, it seems a girl can never have too many (well, in my book anyway) and I just LOVE the new range of scarves from Stella & Dot, which are fabulously sizeable (70″ x 38″) and soft.
This luxuriously printed poppy red one – with elephant pattern symbolising good luck, happiness, and longevity – is perfect for a Valentine’s Day gift and will add a pop of passion and colour to any outfit, not to mention wrap you up warm against the February chill.
So, there you go – 5 Valentine’s Day gift ideas that won’t break the bank. You could do worse than to
email some website links make some oh so subtle hints to him indoors…
PS. All orders under £40 incur a £3.95 shipping charge – orders usually arrive within about 5 working days, so are pretty speedy – and any orders £40 or more are delivered free within the UK. If you’re not happy with anything you order then you can return the item for free for a full refund or exchange within 30 days or for a store credit within 90 days.
PPS. If you do decide to order anything from Stella & Dot, I’d be ever so grateful if you could do so via my website (see below for reason why!): www.stelladot.co.uk/biancacox
Disclaimer: As a stylist for Stella & Dot, I earn a commission on any item I sell on behalf of the company, but genuinely I LOVE the style, designs, and quality of the products or I wouldn’t be willing to represent them, so trust me – you won’t be disappointed!