What happens when two working mums from Iceland, with an eye for style, and an appreciation for quality, come together to create something beautiful for kids (that is set to develop a cult following amongst adults)? – Tulipop, that’s what!
Now available to buy in the UK, Tulipop was created in 2010 by illustrator Signy Kolbeinsdóttir and brought to market with her best friend Helga Arnadottir, a former marketing executive. A cool and quirky children’s brand, Tulipop is based on an enchanting world, which challenges the idea that certain colours, designs, and symbols are gender-specific. More than that, it is distinctive and unique, pops with colour and fun, and the little characters are adorable! – but that’s just my opinion, see for yourself…
We were kindly sent the very cute Maddy Melamine Dinner Set and it has been a big hit in the Richmond house, particularly with Allegra (well, poor
baby toddler C hasn’t really had a look-in since it came into the house!).
There are 5 main things we love about this set from Tulipop:
- The super-cute Maddy character
- The beautiful fun, vibrant colours and unique, quirky designs
- How hard-wearing and strong all the items feel, these are items that are going to last the test of time!
- The bowl is lovely and deep, the plate the perfect size for a pre-schooler’s lunch, and the cup is also a great size and easy to grip/hold even without a handle
- It’s something different! – a welcome break (for me anyway!) from the usual Disney Princess paraphernalia that dominates our home!
The range is quite varied and as well as dinner sets, they also do other tableware – such as spoons, cups, plates, bowls, cutlery sets (love these in particular!), water bottles and lunch boxes – and homeware, stationery and accessories, such as magnets and key rings. You can check out and shop from the full collection online here (many of the items would make for gorgeous gifts) and if you’re in London, you can also buy from children’s emporium Igloo (Islington and St. John’s Wood stores).